Saturday, May 19, 2007

Two New York City Greenmarkets in May

My last three visits to New York City -- in December, January and March -- happened to coincide with weather so bitterly cold that I could barely make it a couple of blocks on the street, from subway to office. So I passed up the chance to stroll through a wintertime greenmarket, as I did the winter before, when the weather was less forbidding.

On my visit in May, the weather was glorious, so I happily checked out the Union Square and Tompkins Square greenmarkets. This was a quick trip to New York, with my two daughters in tow this time. And I wasn't doing in cooking while I was in the city, so I didn't buy much. But some cheese and apples were good for a picnic in Central Park, and I bought a bunch of ramps to carry home with me to L.A.
Here's my report on my visit to the two markets.